Rakata Team ITB is delegation for Kontes Mobil Hemat Energi and Shell Eco Marathon Asia. Shell Eco Marathon is a unique competition that challenges students around the world to design, build, and drive the most energy-efficient car. With three annual events in Asia, Americas, and Europe, students teams take to the track to see who goes further on the least amount of fuel. The competition is split into two classes or categories. The Prototype class focuses on maximum efficiency, while passengers comfort takes a back seat. The Urban Concept class encourages more practical designs. Rakata Team is one of Prototype class ethanol powered participant in Shell-Eco Marathon Asia.
The name Rakata is taken from one of the island in the Krakatoa, one remaining active volcanic island after eruption of Krakatoa. Rakata team has slogan Care, Create, Conserve. This is the core of every work we do. Environmental concerns have invited many people to speak up about, but actually not many people are really willingness to conserve things that are important for human life such as energy, food, forest, and water, to protect it from excessive use which would damage the environment. Our hope is to become a part of of an effort to realize all that, and be able to inspire others to do better than us.
- To raise awareness regarding transportation and mobility issues in Indonesia
- To apply classroom knowledge in order to build an eco friendly vehicle
- To promote smarter mobility & alternative energy in Indonesia
- To encourage other students to experiment and find solutions regarding transportation and mobility issues in Indonesia
- To bring our nation and university in International competition